Maryland District Newsletter Editor
Suggested Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain and update District Newsletter Template as required.
Maintain and update District Newsletter mailing lists.
Maintain and update District Newsletter Archive
Monthly District Newsletter
1. Send a reminder to District Support Staff of due dates for their
submission of monthly articles.
2. Compile and edit District Newsletter, utilizing editorial
"license" to ensure only positive and appropriate copy is published
in the District Newsletter. Maintain consistency with GWRRA standards of
political and religious neutrality in all articles. When in doubt, consult with
the District Director (In short, only "clean" laundry need be hung on
the District clothesline.).
3. Ensure copies of District event flyers are enclosed in the monthly
4. Distribute monthly to the District Support Staff, District
Operations Staff, all other Northeast Region District Directors, the Region
Director, and the Executive Director. Electronic distribution is preferred,
however when electronic means are not possible, a hard copy should be mailed. Distribution
date is the 30th of the month preceding the month of the newsletter (e.g.
January's newsletter should be compiled and distributed no later than the 30th
5. Ensure an e-copy of the District Newsletter is forwarded to the District Webmaster for posting on the District Web Page.